HOW TO REACH PROXIMUS CAMPUS
If you wish to find out quickly how you can reach Proximus Campus, you can download the M-App. This will provide you with customised and real-time advice to reach the campuses in Leuven.
Modes of transport
The bike is the fastest and healthiest mode of transportation to reach Campus Proximus.
- at 4.7 km from the train station of Leuven
- at 5.7 km from the Old Market
- 20 minutes of cycling from the centre of Leuven
Please consult Google Maps to calculate your travel time. On average, it takes about 20 minutes to reach Campus Proximus by bike from Leuven Station.
renting a bike
More information on reaching the campus by bike can be found on the website of Leuven (via the cycling map).
- For €25 (and a guarantee of €70) you can rent a second-hand-bike for a whole year.
- For €50 (and a guarantee of €70) you can rent a new UCLL-bike for a whole year (and a guarantee of €130).
- When your bike is broken, you can get it repaired for free.
Velo is a social and ecological bicycle project.
- Students and residents of Leuven can rent a secondhand or UCLL bike.
- In Velo’s repair shop, students can repair their bike, or have it repaired for them at Leuven station.
There are four bus lines with a stop right outside the campus:
- Bus 630 takes you from the train station to the campus in 25 minutes.
- Bus lines 4, 5 and 6 drive through the centre and have stops at the Rector De Somerplein and the train station.
Click here for the timetables and plan your ideal route for transport by bus and train. The bus stop of Proximus Campus is 'Haasrode UCLL'.
We can advise you to consult the route planner so you know exactly which bus to take at which bus stop as well:
travelling to campus hertogstraat more than once?
For students, there is an offer to travel by bus with a student pass at the time of enrollment: € 20 to travel to and from campus for an entire academic year.
Not a student? Have a look at our page on taking the bus in Leuven for more information on different types of travel cards and subscriptions.
spacious underground parking
If you arrive by car, you will find a spacious underground parking on the campus (the ground floor is reserved for visitors, -1 and -2 are for staff and paying students).
Attention please: the research park in Haasrode is a junction for a lot of drivers. This means that traffic jams develop regularly.
For a fee of €50 students and staff can park for an entire academic year at Campus Proximus. After signing up as a student, you can order your year subscription via the Intranet. This subscription is only available to students and staff.
After enrollment, any student can order their year subscription via the Intranet. This subscription is only available to students and staff.
On open days and the signing in period during the summer months the parking lot is open to future students without a student pass as well.
If you are a guest at UC Leuven-Limburg please inquire with the staff member who invited you. They can contact the reception desk at your time of arrival and arrange for you to enter as well.
Take the train to 'Leuven Station' and then travel to Campus Proximus using a bus or a bike. You can find more information on both options above.
(fill in the station of your choosing )
Please consult the route planner of NMBS (the only provider of public transport by train in Belgium) for the best possible connection from your location:
The ticket price depends on the distance you travel.