Campus Social School
all Social Work and Child and Youth Care programmes
- a tall white building, which has become a Leuven landmark over the years
- surrounded by rolling fields
- a short bikeride away from Gasthuisberg campus and downtown Leuven
- Parking? Yes
- Student restaurant on site? Yes
how to reach hertogstraat campus
The fastest way to reach this campus is by bike. As the campus is situated on top of a hill you will have your morning exercise covered.
Please consult Google Maps to calculate your travel time. On average, it takes about 20 minutes to reach Hertogstraat Campus by bike from Leuven Station.
renting a bike
You can rent a bike for €25 per academic year (+ a €70 security deposit) with your UC Leuven-Limburg student ID at Velo(link is external).
Velo is a social and ecological bicycle project.
- Students and residents of Leuven can rent a secondhand or UCLL bike.
- In Velo’s repair shop, students can repair their bike, or have it repaired for them at Leuven station.
Do you intend to come to campus by bus? It will take you about 21 - 30 minutes (depending on the bus line you take) by bus to get from Leuven station to Hertogstraat Campus !
BUS lines to the campus
- Step 1: Get on a line 381 'De Lijn' bus (for example at Leuven station) There are other buses that stop near the campus but this is by far the fastest one.
- Step 2: Get off at 'Halte Heverlee Sociaal Hogeschool'
- Step 3: Walk another 9 minutes in the direction of the campus to reach it. If you take the bus at the station, it will be to your right.
We can advise you to consult the route planner so you know exactly which bus to take at which bus stop as well:
travelling to campus Sociale sCHOOL more than once?
For students, there is an offer to travel by bus with a student pass at the time of enrollment: € 25 to travel to and from campus for an entire academic year.
Not a student? Have a look at our page on taking the bus in Leuven for more information on different types of travel cards and subscriptions.
We recommend you to take the train to 'Leuven Station' and then travel to campus using a bus or a bike. You can find more information on both options above.
Connection to Leuven Station tends to be smoother than to Heverlee station. If you opt for Heverlee station, you will need to walk and take another mode of transport for the last part as well.
(fill in the station of your choosing )
Please consult the route planner of NMBS (the only provider of public transport by train in Belgium) for the best possible connection from your location:
The ticket price depends on the distance you travel.