covid-19 & our international programmes
...even in these strange and taxing times. Follow in the regular updates on our Facebook page and in the links below how we tackle the challenges of the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic:
All our international programmes remain available
As active member of Association KU LEUVEN we stay committed to offering you the same quality higher education as before the pandemic:
- Whenever possible and safe, we'll organise your classes on the UCLL campuses.
- But as long as lockdown measures or travel restrictions prevent you to physically attend, we'll provide the highly interactive online course alternatives our Belgian and international students currently participate in.
- We will continue to closely monitor these aspects going forward and adapt our response accordingly to honour our availability and quality commitments to international UCLL students.
- UCLL is on top of the situation and currently reviewing the viability of the autumn mobility programme for international students coming to Belgium. Therefore, we advise students to make no unrecoverable costs like flights or accommodation until further updated around June 15th.
Unchanged level of affordable tuition fees for next academic year
Many aspiring international students face severe budget constraints in the face of soaring prices due to Covid-19's economic impact. Partly helped by the stable government subsidy for higher education in Belgium, UCLL maintains its high value for money offerings. Check for yourself in our tuition fee overview.
Stepping up our tradition of excellent student support
UCLL's consistently well reviewed student counseling, services and support is extended considerably to help international students cope:
- We regularly reach out to our international student community and worldwide partner institutions with pertinent updates of the measures we take in the face of the global pandemic.
- We filter out only the reliable bits relevant to our international students from the deluge of news announcements, summarising them in handy overview leaflets and trustworthy posts.
- To alleviate the added stress of prolonged isolation due to the lockdown measures, we proactively initiate personal contact with our international students through weekly videochats with student psychologists, programme coordinators and UCLL International Office experts, as well as in Facebook Live chats.
- For the numerous non-European study applicants experiencing various administrative delays due to the pandemic, we've postponed the deadline of relevant application steps from May 1 to June 1, 2020.
Outstanding healthcare for international students in Belgium
Both local and international students at UCLL campuses enjoy the benefits of the excellent Belgian healthcare system, consistently in the top of European and worldwide rankings:
- In view of the high number of available hospital beds and intensive care beds per inhabitant both nationally and in UCLL's Leuven-Limburg area , if needed international students are assured of proper care.
- A large majority of healthcare professionals are fluent in English, often their second language in a country famed for its multilingual prowess.
- Thanks in part to the large government financing of the Belgian health system, for the user healthcare services are affordable and accessible without excessive delays.
Here are the top grade data guiding UCLL's pandemic response
We act on the best informed, most recent sources from carefully vetted official and scientific information suppliers and policy makers, openly sharing access to their reliable knowledge bases also with our international students and applicants:
- Federal Public Service Public Health
- World Health Organization (global epidemiological information)
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (epidemiological information for Europe)
- Institute for Tropical Medicine (general information for travellers)
- Ministry for Foreign Affairs (travel advice)
- Travel to Belgium
- Sciensano (guidelines from the Belgian government for handling people suspected of being infected with SARS-CoV-2)
- Website of the Belgian government
- KU Leuven webpagina Coronavirus
business management - marketing
track across europe (bme)
Several well-known European business schools have joined forces to put together this innovative and international study track. The diploma you will obtain is equivalent to the Dutch-language bachelor degree in Business Management, option Marketing. The big difference is that you study in English in three different countries:
- During the first year, you study in Spain, Finland, or Hungary (NEW)
- During your second year, you study in Belgium at UC Leuven-Limburg
- During your third year, you study in the UK, France, Ireland, or Germany (NEW)
Studying in three different European countries:
- Taps into your sense of adventure and enterprise
- Eases you into an international network of friends
- Prepares you for an international career
Enjoy some testimonials by international students:
Find extra information about this study track on www.internationalbachelor.eu.
Is this study track right for you?
Has Belgium become too small for you? Do you want to expand your boundaries and explore new horizons? Are you also fascinated by marketing and communication and do you want to improve your language skills day by day? Then perhaps this unique track is exactly what you're looking for. After all, your time as a student is the perfect moment for fascinating and, most of all, fun international experiences. You can be sure that your view of the world will change dramatically.