covid-19 & our international programmes
...even in these strange and taxing times. Follow in the regular updates on our Facebook page and in the links below how we tackle the challenges of the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic:
All our international programmes remain available
As active member of Association KU LEUVEN we stay committed to offering you the same quality higher education as before the pandemic:
- Whenever possible and safe, we'll organise your classes on the UCLL campuses.
- But as long as lockdown measures or travel restrictions prevent you to physically attend, we'll provide the highly interactive online course alternatives our Belgian and international students currently participate in.
- We will continue to closely monitor these aspects going forward and adapt our response accordingly to honour our availability and quality commitments to international UCLL students.
- UCLL is on top of the situation and currently reviewing the viability of the autumn mobility programme for international students coming to Belgium. Therefore, we advise students to make no unrecoverable costs like flights or accommodation until further updated around June 15th.
Unchanged level of affordable tuition fees for next academic year
Many aspiring international students face severe budget constraints in the face of soaring prices due to Covid-19's economic impact. Partly helped by the stable government subsidy for higher education in Belgium, UCLL maintains its high value for money offerings. Check for yourself in our tuition fee overview.
Stepping up our tradition of excellent student support
UCLL's consistently well reviewed student counseling, services and support is extended considerably to help international students cope:
- We regularly reach out to our international student community and worldwide partner institutions with pertinent updates of the measures we take in the face of the global pandemic.
- We filter out only the reliable bits relevant to our international students from the deluge of news announcements, summarising them in handy overview leaflets and trustworthy posts.
- To alleviate the added stress of prolonged isolation due to the lockdown measures, we proactively initiate personal contact with our international students through weekly videochats with student psychologists, programme coordinators and UCLL International Office experts, as well as in Facebook Live chats.
- For the numerous non-European study applicants experiencing various administrative delays due to the pandemic, we've postponed the deadline of relevant application steps from May 1 to June 1, 2020.
Outstanding healthcare for international students in Belgium
Both local and international students at UCLL campuses enjoy the benefits of the excellent Belgian healthcare system, consistently in the top of European and worldwide rankings:
- In view of the high number of available hospital beds and intensive care beds per inhabitant both nationally and in UCLL's Leuven-Limburg area , if needed international students are assured of proper care.
- A large majority of healthcare professionals are fluent in English, often their second language in a country famed for its multilingual prowess.
- Thanks in part to the large government financing of the Belgian health system, for the user healthcare services are affordable and accessible without excessive delays.
Here are the top grade data guiding UCLL's pandemic response
We act on the best informed, most recent sources from carefully vetted official and scientific information suppliers and policy makers, openly sharing access to their reliable knowledge bases also with our international students and applicants:
- Federal Public Service Public Health
- World Health Organization (global epidemiological information)
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (epidemiological information for Europe)
- Institute for Tropical Medicine (general information for travellers)
- Ministry for Foreign Affairs (travel advice)
- Travel to Belgium
- Sciensano (guidelines from the Belgian government for handling people suspected of being infected with SARS-CoV-2)
- Website of the Belgian government
- KU Leuven webpagina Coronavirus
business management - marketing
track in belgium (bbm)
You want to work in the business world. You have the ambition to take on a job with responsibility. If you want to begin your career well-prepared, start BBM, the track in Belgium of Bachelor in Business Management – Marketing. Studying in Leuven, only 15 minutes from Brussels airport, offers you the perfect opportunity to prepare for an international business career. Leuven, a centuries-old university town, is a lively contemporary student city.
Moreover you will enjoy the brand new UCLL Campus Proximus with its amazing infrastructure. Some of our exchange students are happy to show you around.
Choose BBM, the track in Belgium of Bachelor Business Management – Marketing at UCLL and you:
- can develop your sense of initiative and enterprise
- gain extra international experience through courses, projects, an international week, an Erasmus exchange in Europe and worldwide internship possibilities
- will be individually coached by your personal study coach
- can be involved in research & innovation projects
- will have classes in small groups
- will be taught by professors with field experience and officially certified to teach in English
Enjoy some testimonials by international students.
If you like it even more international, then take a look at BME, the track across Europe of Bachelor Business Management – Marketing, our track in three different countries.
You want to get in touch with current students? Check their Facebook group!
Is this programme right for you?
Do you want to expand your boundaries and explore new horizons? Are you also fascinated by marketing and communication and do you want to improve your communication skills day by day? Then this track is exactly what you're looking for. After all, your time as a student is the perfect moment for fascinating and, most of all, fun international experiences. You can be sure that your view of the world will change dramatically.
Discover how our first year marketing students learn in a creative way through Lego Serious Play.