Before starting your application, please make sure that you have read and understood our Application Requirements.
creating an account first
If you have never applied as a prospective student at any of the following KU Leuven Association members
LUCA School of Arts
please click on the link "Create a KU Leuven Association account". You will need this student account to start your Online Application.
If you have a KU Leuven Association account, you may start your application by clicking on either Online Application link (whichever applies)
UC LEUVEN or UC LIMBURG?
UC Leuven-Limburg is a partnership between 2 fully accredited universities of applied sciences, UC Leuven and UC Limburg.
If you have a diploma/degree that is not issued in Flanders or The Netherlands and you wish to apply for
- English-language degree programme (only offered on our Leuven campuses)
- Dutch-language degree programme on our Leuven campuses
please click on UC Leuven Online Application .
- Dutch-language degree programme on our Limburg campuses
please click on UC Limburg Online Application.
Online Application User Manual
- Add an application by clicking on the '+' button in the Applications section on the main page
- Choose the type of programme
- Select the academic year
- Choose your specific programme by using the search tool
- Complete any additional information that is requested
You have to complete your application(s) by clicking on the Edit icon, which you will find on the right side of your screen in the “Applications” section.
- After having saved your application, you must upload all required documents as attachments in the 'Attachments' tab. Non-secured pdf files only!
- Attach each required and relevant document by selecting the attachment type and upload the file by pressing the '+' button on the right.
- You should be able to use the attachment type 'diploma(s) and transcripts' multiple times. If not, use the attachment type 'Others' to upload additional files.
We require diploma and transcripts.
- In case you have a non-Belgian passport and a Belgian residence permit, please upload colour scans of both. The Belgian residence permit must be uploaded under type 'Others'.
- Dutch or English proficiency certificate is not labeled as a required document. However, if the application requires proof of language test result (see Application Instructions), you must upload it.
- Application fee does not apply to Belgian and Netherlands citizens/long-term residents to be proven by passport and/or residence permit. In that case please upload a blank page titled "application fee does not apply" because proof of payment is a required attachment.
Pay Application Fee
All applicants are required to pay a 50 euro non-refundable application fee. Upload the proof of payment in the 'Attachments' tab.
For the time being, the application fee can only be paid by bank transfer:
UC Leuven-Limburg, Geldenaaksebaan 335, B-3001 Leuven,
Belfius Bank, Pachecolaan 44, B-1000 Brussels
IBAN code: BE33 7865 4858 0046
BIC code: GKCCBEBB
with reference “Application fee" and “your NAME + given name”.
Please note that your application file will only be processed if you have uploaded the proof of payment. Your local bank my charge a transaction fee. Ensure that UC Leuven-Limburg receives the total amount of 50 Euro in its bank account. Any transfer costs must be covered by the applicant.
The application fee does not apply to Belgian and Netherlands citizens and/or long-term residents
- The submit button will only be activated after accepting the disclaimer.
- If one or more of the required documents are missing you will receive an error message. Please upload the requested documents before resubmitting your application.
- When your application meets the minimum requirements for completeness, you will see this message "file submitted correctly" and it will be sent to our admissions database. After submitting your application, you are only able to modify your email address, civil status, native language. If you wish to modify other information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail) .
- After you have successfully submitted your online application, you can check the status of your application by logging back into your online application account (see link below).