Advanced Bachelor International Cooperation North - South
- Critical considerations on development and global inequality?
- An interest in development cooperation and North-South issues?
- And are you looking for a responsible commitment as a volunteer in the South?
THEN YOU ARE THE WORLD CITIZEN WE ARE LOOKING FOR!
The Advanced Bachelor Programme International Cooperation North South has the ambition to encourage young people to become critical and committed world citizens by offering an established quality experience of 6 months in one of the following developing regions: Bhutan, India, Sri Lanka, Brazil, Peru, Senegal, Benin and Uganda.
It's a one-year bachelor programme (60 ECTS credits) in which you will be prepared for and guided through an intensive period in a project in a country in the South.
Students are not trained on their professional competences since they are expected to function already as a professional in their field. The programme does, however, intensify their broad international and intercultural competences.
As a student you'll receive an intensive preparatory programme. You are assigned a placement and an academic counsellor with whom you cooperate intensively.
The programme is available in English.
- September until October: Classes start on 1 September in Leuven for 2 months.
- From November to May: you will live and work with one of our partner organisations in India, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Senegal, Benin, Uganda, Brazil or Peru depending on your preferences and competences.
- In May and June: the year is concluded with exams and a presentation of your final assessment in Leuven.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
The ICoNS-team takes pride in the intensive guidance of its students. The screening procedure will determine whether you are able to find a match with our programme and includes a written motivation and an interview.