Skip to main content

Study at UCLL as a free mover

If you want to take courses at UCLL -  independent of any agreement with your home institution - you can apply as a free mover student.

As a free mover:

  • you cannot obtain a degree at UCLL. Degree seeking students must apply for a degree programme.
  • you can register for one semester or a full academic year.
  • you pay a fee at our University. The fee consists of  a fixed amount plus  a variable amount  per credit you want to take.
    For the 22-23  academic year, the fixed component is 
    € 253.6  and the variable component is €12.10  per credit. (Both subject to indexation.)
  • you cannot apply for a student visa !  Contact the Belgian Embassy to find out your options BEFORE applying.

Convinced?  Please mail your  motivation, cv and details of your current study programme (if any) to international [at] (subject: Free%20mover%20application, body: Dear all%0d%0a %0d%0aI would like to register as a free mover student. %0d%0aHere are my details. %0d%0aDegree programme or subject of current studies (if any)... %0d%0aMotivation... %0d%0aI want to study at... UC Leuven (B LEUVEN18) or UC Limburg (B HASSELT20) (please select) %0d%0a %0d%0aPlease send your cv in attachment.)  .You will receive an application link after a check by our International Office.



Deadline for application

Fall semester 1 June
Spring semester 1 November