- the Bachelor's Degree of Education: Pre-Primary Education
- the Bachelor's Degree of Education: Primary Education
- the Bachelor's Degree of Education: Secondary Education
- the Educational Bachelor's Degree of Secondary Education for Arts Students
- the Advanced Bachelor's Degree of Multilingual Education
- the Advanced Bachelor's Degree of Special Education Needs
- the Postgraduate Certificate of International Educating Class (UNESCO-accredited programme)
- all Associate Degrees in the field of Teacher Education.
The campus is situated amidst fields and greenery. The campus has numerous auditoria, an open learning centre and library, a student restaurant and a large sports hall.
But not only the future languages and PE teachers will find all they need to inspire young people. The campus is located in the vicinity of the ‘Meerdaalwoud’ (Meerdaal forest); our Biology teachers can instantly collect their herbarium materials.
How to reach Campus Hertogstraat
The fastest way to reach this campus is by bike. As the campus is situated on top of a hill you will have your morning exercise covered.
Please consult Google Maps to calculate your travel time. On average, it takes about 20 minutes to reach Hertogstraat Campus by bike from Leuven Station.
Renting a bike
You can rent a bike cheaply per academic year (+ a security deposit) with your UCLL student ID at Velo.
Velo is a social and ecological bicycle project :
- you can rent a second-hand-bike for a whole year.
- or you can rent a new UCLL-bike for a whole year.
- In Velo’s repair shop, students can repair their bike, or have it repaired for them at Leuven station.
Find more about VELO on their website
Do you intend to come to campus by bus? Campus Hertogstraat is easily reachable using public transport. The ride takes about 18 minutes on average.
- Step 1: Get on a line 4, 5 or 6 'De Lijn' bus (for example at Leuven station) in the direction of Brabanthal.
- Step 2: Get off at 'Halte Heverlee Kazerne' .
- Step 3: Walk another 2 minutes in the direction of the campus to reach it.
We can advise you to consult the route planner so you know exactly which bus to take at which bus stop as well.
Travelling to Campus Hertogstraat more than once?
For students, there is an offer to travel by bus with a student pass at the time of enrollment: € 25 to travel to and from campus for an entire academic year.
Not a student? Have a look at our page on taking the bus in Leuven for more information on different types of travel cards and subscriptions.
We recommend you to take the train to 'Leuven Station' and then travel to Campus Gertogstraat using a bus or a bike. You can find more information on both options above.
Connections to Leuven Station tend to be smoother than to Heverlee station. If you opt for the latter, you will need to walk and take another mode of transport for the last part as well.
Please consult the route planner of NMBS (the only provider of public transport by train in Belgium) for the best possible connection from your location. The ticket price depends on the distance you travel.
- Parking: available, €50 per academic year
- Student restaurant: snacks, sandwich and salad bar, pasta