Research at UCLL is unquestionably practice-oriented. Our research provides answers to both present and expected future problems in the professional field.
Therefore, we established a close link with professionals and companies through education and research. We opt for:
- involving professionals in teaching and research activities
- student assignments in the work field (including internships)
The interconnectivity of the institution with the Provinces Flemish-Brabant and Limburg is established via close contacts with local governments and representative bodies.
Our relevance to the region is a strong starting point to put our research in an international perspective. Contextual professional needs have to be embedded in a global framework, where good practices and experience can be shared. This, in turn, leads to more sustainable solutions.
Therefore, our strong international network are as essential to our mission as our regional ones.
UCLL’s policy aims to maximize the interaction between research and education. The thematic focus of our research priorities contributes to the content of our study programmes.
This means that both students and teaching staff are involved in research practice:
- research in part of any study program in which it is relevant
- a quarter of our staff is involved in research projects
- 80% of those researchers have teaching assignments
Information and research competences are gradually developed in every study programme.