Virtual Finance & Accounting Project
The Virtual Finance & Accounting Project takes place in the spring of 2019. The main target of this virtual international cooperation is to allow business students to:
- work in culturally diverse teams, which makes them step out of their comfort zone;
- work on a challenging project, which invites them to think and communicate in another language;
- Students with a main subject Business Management (Finance or Accountancy) broaden their practical knowledge of this other language, whilst developing their intercultural communication skills;
- The Virtual Finance & Accounting Project become acquainted with the concept of start-ups through the updated version of the virtual Str @ tvision business game©.
Virtual international cooperation with Business game Str @ tvision
- The students are divided into different enterprises teams.
- Each enterprise has to set its objectives and make decisions to reach those objectives.
- All decisions are taken on a financial and accounting level.
- After having played 3 rounds as 3 fiscal years, the teams present their results within their market.
- All this is topped up with some additional accounting tasks.
Str @ tvision - virtual business game structure
- All students and coaches of the Str @ tvision business game collaborate across the globe in 2 online work sessions and one final online presentation.
- In their own time, students arrange their own means of communication (Skype, Google Docs, Factbook etc.).
- 26 February 2019: Video conference 1
- 25 March 2019: Video conference 2
- 30 April 2019: Video conference 3 [presentation]
For more details view the brochure.
Participants are offered the opportunity to:
- broaden their horizon without extra costs
- work together in a culturally diverse student team
- practice their foreign language skills
- test their financial, accounting and strategic skills
- put their intercultural skills into practice
- expand their global network
You will be awarded the Virtual Finance & Accountancy Project 2019 certificate, based on the quality of your team’s work.brochure