- the Biomedical Laboratory Technology programme
- the Chemistry programme
- the Dental Hygiene programme
- the Nursing programme
- the Nutrition and Dietetics programme
- the Midwifery programme
This Leuven campus is located next to the Gasthuisberg hospital. Gasthuisberg is nationally and internationally well known for its expertise in the fields of health care and health technology.
This choice of location reflects our close collaboration with the UZ (University Hospital) Leuven and the KU Leuven association. Because of this cross-pollination we are able to continuously improve the quality of our professional education.
- Parking: only for bikes
- Student restaurant on site? No
How to reach campus Gasthuisberg
direct lines to the campus
Do you intend to come to campus by bus? Gasthuisberg Campus is easily reachable using public transport. The ride to Gasthuisberg Campus takes about 18 minutes on average.
- Step 1: Get on a line 3 'De Lijn' bus (for example at Leuven station)
- Step 2: Get off of the bus at 'Gasthuisberg hospital'
- Step 3: Walk another few minutes (the the right) to reach your campus.
travelling to campus Gasthuisberg often?
For students, there is an offer to travel by bus with a student pass at the time of enrollment: € 25 to travel to and from campus for an entire academic year.
Not a student? Have a look at our page on taking the bus in Leuven for more information on different types of travel cards and subscriptions.
Another fast way to reach Hertogstraat Campus is by bike.
Please consult Google Maps to calculate your travel time. On average, it takes about 20 minutes to reach Hertogstraat Campus by bike from Leuven Station.
renting a bike
You can rent a bike for €25 per academic year (+ a €70 security deposit) with your UC Leuven-Limburg student ID at Velo(link is external).
Velo is a social and ecological bicycle project.
- Students and residents of Leuven can rent a secondhand or UCLL bike.
- In Velo’s repair shop, students can repair their bike, or have it repaired for them at Leuven station.
We recommend you to take the train to 'Leuven Station' and then travel to Gasthuisberg Campus using a bus or a bike. You can find more information on both options above.
(fill in the station of your choosing )
Please consult the route planner of NMBS (the only provider of public transport by train in Belgium) for the best possible connection from your location:
The ticket price depends on the distance you travel.