You can rent a bike cheaply for an entire academic year (+ a security deposit) with your UC Leuven-Limburg student ID at Velo.
Velo is a social and ecological bicycle project.
- Students and residents of Leuven can rent a secondhand or UCLL bike.
- In Velo’s repair shop, students can repair their bike, or have it repaired for them.
Click the button for more information :
The University College of Limburg is cooperating with the non-profit bike rental organization VEDO.
Bikes can be rented for an entire academic year for only 25 euro (+ 70 euro deposit). This price includes a maintenance contract, which includes 2 bike checks per year and the price of the repair of safety items. You can reserve a bike online via City-Bike.
To reserve your student bike, follow the following steps:
1. Create a new account via "new user" OR sign up if you already have an account:
- As a new user you enter your e-mail address and a password of your choice.
- Make sure you complete all required fields! (fields marked with a red asterisk)
- You will receive an email to confirm your new account. Only then can you reserve your student bicycle.
2. Select "rent a bike" on the left side of the menu bar.
3. Confirm your choice.
4. With the printed version of the lease contract you can get your student bicycle at VEDO. VEDO also repairs your bicycle at a student discount rate.
You can find this bike rental and repair shop at the following locations:
- in Diepenbeek: UHasselt, Agoralaan / building D (basement, entrance opposite Fitlink), 3590 Diepenbeek, VEDOfiets@uhasselt.be; Mon - Thu: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM / Fri: 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- in Hasselt: PXL, Vildersstraat 5, 3500 Hasselt; Tuesday and Thursday
5. Pay your rental price of € 25 and the guarantee of € 70
With a bike in hand, you will fit right in with our Belgian students!