At time of registration, UCLL Leuven students can purchase a bus pass which costs 25 euro (+ one-time 5 euro MOBIB card cost) per academic year. You can use this pass to ride a Lijn bus anywhere in the Leuven area.
The Belgian bus company is called “De Lijn”. Tickets and subscriptions are loaded onto a MOBIB card which you must scan when getting on the bus. You have to pay a five euro administration fee for this card (valid for 5 years).
- Do you want to travel by bus only in Genk, Diepenbeek or Hasselt? Then we offer an advantageous bus subscription, the “campuspas”. With this subscription you can travel by bus for only 20 euro. Your subscription will be loaded onto your MOBIB card.
Two versions of this campuspas are available, and you also can combine both:
- Travel in and between Hasselt and Diepenbeek (overview of bus stops)
- Travel in and between Genk and Diepenbeek (overview of bus stops)
You can purchase the campuspas (together with the MOBIB-card) when you register at UCLL (or later via the UCLL-intranet).
- Do you regularly travel by bus outside Genk, Diepenbeek and Hasselt? Bus company “De Lijn” offers several tickets and subscriptions depending on your travel needs (for example: Buzzy Pazz, Omnipas). Check the website for your best formula: https://www.delijn.be/en/vervoerbewijzen/
Partial refund of a selection of bus or train subscriptions (UC Limburg only)
For a selection of subscriptions Student Services offers a partial refund. You will be refunded half of the costs incurred, with a maximum of 80 euro. The following subscriptions are eligible:
- Bus: Buzzy Pazz, Omnipas;
- Train: Student Season Ticket, Student Multi (Campus), Section Season Ticket, Half-Time Season Ticket.
You can request a refund online between March 1 and June 15 by means of a form on the website of Student Services.
Public transportation by train
You can find ticket and subscription information, connections and itinerary info by using the online search engine of the belgian train company: https://www.belgiantrain.be/en