You can deregister at any time. However, please be aware of the consequences in regard to study vouchers, and reimbursement of tuition fee.
(Partial) reimbursement of the tuition fee
If a student wants to deregister, reimbursement of the tuition fee will depend on the date of the student’s official registration and withdrawal.
- within four weeks after registration: we will not reimburse the fixed component of the tuition fee but will reimburse the variable amount (based on the amount of course units you enrolled for)
- between four and eight weeks after registration: we will not reimburse the fixed component nor the variable amount for half of the course units in your ISP
- more than eight weeks after registration: we will not reimburse the fixed component nor the variable amount for all course units in your ISP.
Potentially lost study vouchers
You will LIKELY regain all of your expended study vouchers for a course if…
- the Individual study programme (ISP) deadline for the semester in which the course starts has not yet passed .
- you did the exam for that course and passed it, regardless of whether you did or did not deregister (yet).
You will likely regain half of your expended study vouchers if…
- you deregister past the ISP deadline of the semester the course starts in .
- AND no exams (for the courses you will no longer take) have taken place yet. If you have skipped the exam but it has taken place, you will lose all of your study vouchers.
You will lose all of your study vouchers spent on a course if…
…if you have taken the exam of a course and failed it, regardless of whether you did or did not deregister (yet).
For all questions, please contact the registration office at your campus:
- Leuven campuses: inschrijvingen.leuven [at] ucll.be
- Limburg campuses: barbara.simons [at] ucll.be (Barbara Simons)