Application degree programmes
Step 1: Check application requirements
When you are eager for a degree programme, please make sure that you have read and understood our Application Requirements before starting your application.
The requirements are different for English and Dutch degrees.
Step 2: Apply for admission
Submit a complete application on or (preferably) before this date:
- 1 May 2023 for non-EEA applicants requiring a study visa
We strongly recommend submitting a complete application on or before 1 April to ensure that all formalities (advance payment of tuition fee, issuing admission letter, visa application) are completed in time.
- 15 August 2023 for all other applicants
- 15 June 2023 for BME programme
- 30 September 2023 for IEC 2024 Spring programme, students requiring a study visa
- 30 November 2023 for IEC 2024 Spring programme, all other students
Start your application by creating an account.
The link below will send you to the KU Leuven Association login page, that's completely normal. UC Leuven-Limburg is part of the KU Leuven Association and therefore makes use of their interfaces.
TIP: mark this link as favourite, as it is your point of entry for the follow-up of your application
There are 4 ways to check the authenticity of your degree/diploma.
- By email: have the principal's office, registrar, or examination board official confirm your degree + transcripts from a verifiable, official email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By post: mail duly certified copy* of your highest degree(s) obtained + transcripts to our postal address:
*Duly certified copy = copy of the original diploma/transcript with original signature and stamp by issuing school, university, or examination board,...
3. Online (not always available): your degree certificate or diploma has a link to a secured verification platform (= no action required by applicant) or sometimes we have access to national, regional or institutional databases that publish results. In that case we, will inform you.
4. In person: should you live in the Leuven area, deliver the original documents to the reception desk at the above address. The Admissions Office will let you know when they are ready for pick-up after verification.
Deadline: 1 May
We strongly recommend completing this requirement on or before 1 April to ensure that your application can be fully processed as early as possible.
Admissions Office processing time: 2 to 4 weeks
To be admitted to a degree programme you may be invited for an interview. Degree programme requiring an intake interview:
- Bachelor Applied Computer Science
- Advanced Bachelor Global Citizenship & Development
- Advanced Bachelor International Management
- Advanced Bachelor Design Thinking & Innovation
You will be informed about the interview in the Online Application after a positive evaluation of your documents.
Only applicable if you are a non-EEA national requiring a student visa for Belgium AND applying for one of the following programmes:
- Bachelor International Business Management, Marketing
- Bachelor Applied Computer Science
- Adv. Bachelor International Management
- Adv. Bachelor Design Thinking & Innovation.
If you are a non-EEA applicant and you are admitted to one of the above programmes, you must pay the full tuition fee in order to obtain an Admission Letter.
Deadline : 15 May
- Make sure to issue the payment at least two weeks before the deadline, as international transfers may take longer to arrive in our bank account.
- Payments received after 31 May will not be considered. It means that no admission letter will be issued.
- The amount will be transferred back to your account, minus a 100 euro refund fee, in case of late payment, visa denied.
You will receive the payment instructions once you are admitted.
If you have completed all of the above steps and you are admitted to UCLL, you will be notified to download your Admission Letter in the online application.
Time to get ready for your adventure!
Need help with your application?
Not sure how to submit your application? Not clear how to pay the application fee? What are certified copies?
Don't worry, we 'll share some tips & tricks.
Step 3: Prepare for your registration
With your Admission Letter in hand, you can prepare for your registration as a UCLL-student.
Depending on where you're from, you'll need to complete some supplementary paperwork. Please click on what is applicable for you and read the steps you need to take.
As a non-EEA national requiring a student visa for Belgium, it is best to start colecting the necessary documents right away:
First, double-check if you don't need a visa for Belgium. If you do, please see instructions above.
You're about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime, so we know you have some questions. Our FAQ page may contain the answers you are looking for!