Working across Borders Fall 2020
the project: exploring cultures across the globe
Working across Borders is a virtual international consultancy project that will take place in the Fall of 2020. More than 400 students from all continents will be involved. Explore the challenges of doing business across the globe acting as a business consultant for Seventh Generation, an international company. So start by analysing the economic, political, social and cultural environment of a particular country. Next, you will explore business opportunities that can help achieve one or more UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Finally, you will come up with recommendations for the policy of the company.
What’s it about?
- Working in mixed teams with students across the globe
- Experiencing the challenge of working with different cultures
- Writing up a country analysis of a particular country and analysing SDGs
- Investigating sustainable business opportunities for Seventh Generation in this country
- Building an international network
8 reasons to join
- Broaden your horizon without extra costs
- Work together in a diverse student group
- Practice your foreign language skills
- Test your knowledge on sustainability and strategy
- Get to adopt another country’s perspective
- Become a sustainability advocate
- Put your intercultural skills to good use
- Expand your global network
How does it work?
Prepare yourself individually for international team work:
- Explore your intercultural skills
- Challenge yourself on sustainability issues
- Test your readiness
Together with your online team members:
- Attend informative webinars on the topic
- Participate in online work sessions with your team
- Be coached online during your project
- Collaborate during progress meetings
Your virtual team?
- Team up with students from different universities across the globe
- Communicate via professional online tools
- Online support via a platform community and online coaching
duration of the 2020 edition
- Start: October 1
- Finish: December 15
- Daffodil International University, Bangladesh
- UC Leuven Limburg, Belgium
- Durham College Oshawa, Canada
- Universidad Católica de Santiago de Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Laurea University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Zittau/Görlitz University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- CIS Business Management School, Italy
- Inholland University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
- Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Russia
- DOBA Business School, Slovenia
- Binus University, Indonesia
You’ll be awarded the official Working across Borders 2020 certificate based on the quality of your team’s work.
Join us with your students!
Do you want to share in the fun? lieve.mulier [at] ucll.be (Contact us) to embed the project in your course!