Working across Borders Fall 2019
the project: exploring cultures across the globe
Working across Borders is a virtual international consultancy project that will take place in the Fall of 2019. Explore the challenges of doing business across the globe acting as a business consultant for an international company. So start by analyzing the economic, political, social and cultural environment of a particular country. Next, you'll explore business opportunities that can help achieve one or more UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Finally, you'll come up with recommendations for the policy of the company.
What’s it about?
- Writing up a country analysis of a particular country and analysing SDGs
- Investigating sustainable business opportunities for an international company in this country
- Building an international network
8 reasons to join
- Broaden your horizon without extra costs
- Work together in a diverse student group
- Practice your foreign language skills
- Test your knowledge on sustainability and strategy
- Get to adopt another country’s perspective
- Become a sustainability advocate
- Put your intercultural skills to good use
- Expand your global network
How does it work?
Together with your online team members:
- Attend informative webinars on the topic
- Participate in online work sessions with your team
- Be coached online during your project
- Perform during the progress meeting
Your virtual team?
- Team up with students from different universities across the globe
- Communicate via professional online tools
- Online support via a platform community and online coaching
Key dates of the 2019 edition
- Week of 1 October: Deadline student online registration
- October 21/22: Pre-launch Webinar
- October 22 till November 4: Orientation Phase (Build your team)
- November 4 till December 2: Execution Phase (Act as business consultants)
December 8: End of the project
- University Colleges Leuven Limburg, Belgium
- Durham College Oshawa, Canada
- Universidad Catolica de Santiago de Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Laurea University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Zittua/Görlitz University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- College of Management Studies (Colman), Israel
- Scuola per la gesture d'impresa CIS, Italy
- London South Bank University, UK
You’ll be awarded the official Working across Borders 2019 certificate based on the quality of your team’s work.