Student housing in Leuven
KU Leuven Housing Service is ready to welcome you to Leuven! They will help all international UCLL students to find an ideal student room to feel at home in.
WE’VE GOT AN APP FOR THAT!
Kotwijs is a university-powered database of available student accommodation in Leuven. It will allow you to specify your:
- Price limit
- Rental period
- Comfort level (example: a separate bathroom)
- Characteristics (example: is smoking allowed)
Rooms with a ‘Kotlabel’ quality label are approved by the City of Leuven as suitable student residences. In Spring 2018, the Leuven “Kotlabel” was introduced to identify student rooms that comply with required standards of fire safety, contract, quality of living and student friendliness . There are two types of labels.
Rooms with the blue label (all rooms in ‘Kotwijs’ have it):
- meet required standards of fire safety
- use a fair contract
- guarantee a good quality of living
- are student-friendly
Rooms with the green label have been approved by the university housing service AND the City of Leuven. Only a handful of rooms have been awarded this green label as most rooms have not been inspected by both yet.
PRIVATELY OWNED VS. RESIDENCE HALL
The majority of student rooms in Leuven are privately owned.
- Once a contract is signed we cannot unbind it, send it to the housing service for a proofread!
- Make sure to choose one WITH a blue quality label! (kotlabel)
There is a limited number of university residence hall residences. We give priority to international students with a very limited budget. Please consult the University Residence Hall website.
- Sign-up only (!) available for international students during the Introduction Week
- Very limited availability
- Only one option given, no choice between rooms
Applying ≠ guarantee you will get a room there!