The main target of this virtual week is to let students work in mixed international groups on the business game Stratvision, which makes them think and communicate in another language. The language of communication is English.
In this way students with as main subject Business Management practice their knowledge of Business, Finance and Accounting and broaden their practical knowledge of languages and culture. The more nationalities involved, the more interesting it will be for the students. We combine this virtual business game with online guest lectures and socio-cultural activities.
Students participate in the business game Stratvision:
- The students are split up into different start-ups (groups).
- A set of groups competes with each other and forms a market.
- Each enterprise has to define its objectives and make decisions to reach those objectives.
- At certain regular points in time the coaches give the students an update of the economic situation so that the students are able to make decisions for the following fiscal year.
- These decisions are on a financial and accounting as well as on a commercial level.
Online guest lectures will provide the students with tips and tricks to start and direct their start-ups. At the end of the week the groups present their results within their market.
Target group: 2nd year bachelor students in Business management, specialization finance, insurances and banking
7 –11 March 2022 (timing: CET)